Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Using the gameport as a MIDI-port!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Selanik's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2001
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi,

    Does anybody know how to use the gameport as a MIDI-port in Cakewalk?

    Thanks for any help!
    Izzet Selanik

  2. #2
    Inactive Member KKu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    You need a MIDI-adapter to gameport (even the oldest SB-MIDIadapter works fine), then you set from EWS control panel "route MIDI to GAMEPORT" to 1.

    That'll do it.

    .KKu

    ------------------
    ... mmm, coffeebreak!
    [email protected] http://www.k4web.net
    Now w. ICQ, feel free to contact.
    Nowadays as father of baby boy!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Selanik's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2001
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks, but to do that you have to disconnect the frontpanel! frown

    Isn't there any other way to do it?

    Bye,

    Izzet Selanik

  4. #4
    Inactive Member grovsum's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2000
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Not that I know about, but i have lots of sycnc problems of midi when i use the frontbay. My D4 alesis could not even reconise the midi signals form it. So now i only use the joystick port and i work great the Audi and the MIDI syncs in cubase5 and the asio rc1.1 that has never work 100% befor, now it do!

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Selanik:
    Thanks, but to do that you have to disconnect the frontpanel! frown

    Isn't there any other way to do it?

    Bye,

    Izzet Selanik
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


  5. #5
    Inactive Member Selanik's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2001
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have two synthesizers and I want to use them both at the same time.

    I tried to enable MIDI-port 2 but I'm afraid I don't have enough IRQ's frown

    So it would be realy cool if I could use the MIDI-port 1 and the Joystick-port ( I have the necesarry cables)at the same time. (with cakewalk)

    I hope someone knows a solution for this.

    greetz,

    Izzet Selanik

  6. #6
    Inactive Member KKu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    Sorry about this, but I would advise that you stop using frontpanel as MIDI-device and buy something like Emagic's MT4 (4in-4out midi device).

    I also have this same problem in future, 'cos I've buyed another synth and then I cannot use frontpanel anymore (2 synths, 1 soundmodule and drum-machine then so frontpanel doesn't have resources for them.) Or do like me, invest some money and buy MOTUs Micro Express (4-in 6-out and sync).

    .KKu

    ------------------
    ... mmm, coffeebreak!
    [email protected] http://www.k4web.net
    Now w. ICQ, feel free to contact.
    Nowadays as father of baby boy!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Dani Futuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 8th, 2000
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Selanik:
    I tried to enable MIDI-port 2 but I'm afraid I don't have enough IRQ's frown
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Disable your printer-port, that gave me IRQ enough to use MIDI-2.

    /danny

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •